Pages

Help! I can't wash my hair!

After two days in a row, I need a break.  Between my arms, abs, legs, fingers, toes, LOL, not the fingers and toes but everything else.  I didn't go back for a week.  Now, if I was just going to a regular old gym, like I was before, this would have been the end of it all.  It starts with something, something clicks in your head and you're determined to lose the weight or tone up.  You're going strong for a week, two weeks, maybe get to a month.  Then you get busy or don't feel well, "I'll go tomorrow" and then tomorrow turns into the next day and the next.  Eventually you fizzle out, you just stop going.  

But there is something about punching and kicking a bag that gives me a rush of adrenaline.  I took a break for a week and it's all I could think about.  Call me crazy but I couldn't wait to feel the sweat running down my back.

My muscles are good, I need to get back to class.




Walk in and see someone I've never seen, Jeremy.  There's three other people in the class with me.  I've got three other classes under my belt, I think I'll be okay.  We start off with easy combinations, okay, good.  "Breath it out."  Have you watched a kickboxing promotion video?  They make noises every time they hit the bag.  I didn't really get it.  So then Jeremy's walking around the room "Breath it out."  Probably not, it's too weird.

Something like this
Something else new, in between combinations, we're working, well crawling.  Okay, let me correct myself again, I was crawling.  "Walk on your hands and feet back and forth across the room."  I got this.  Yeah, not really.  I can't believe how hard it is to do this.  My quads and pecs were screaming!  Then we move back to combinations.  So, pecs and thighs on fire and I'm back to hitting the bag.  While I'm concentrating on my arms not turning to jello, here he comes again, Jeremy, "Breath it out."  I'm ignoring it, sorry.  Yep, definitely hard to ignore "I know you're not breathing it out, your lips are closed tight.  Can't breath out of those lips."  I'm barely able to keep my breath and keep up with the combinations.  I think this guy's nuts.  "Back and forth three times."  Listen, my legs, my arms, my abs are on fire.  I refuse to quit.  I will not be that fat girl that can't do it, yep, there's my mind being stronger than my body.  I am pleased to say, I did not give up.  I could not walk on my hands and feet.  By the end of the second lap I was on my hands and knees.  Just because I couldn't keep up with the rest, I don't care, I'm going to keep going, not quit and finish.

I've always been very competitive, so trying to keep pace with everyone is a given.  One of the best things I have learned in my two weeks is, it's me.  It's not about how fast everyone else is going or whether I can do a push-up from my knees or toes, it's about not giving up.  It's about trying as hard as you can without giving up.

So, by the end of all the hitting, kicking, crawling (on my end) and push-ups, I a beat.  I get home, get in the shower and OH, I cannot lift my arms to wash my hair.  Oh boy, I may need another week to recover from this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment